Friday 2 January 2015

One project for 2015:

My CD collection takes up a fair bit of space in my bedroom and has occasionally made me curse when moving house. As with any collection, what is contained on those shelves (and piles scattered about the bedroom on desk and drawers) is more than just a reflection of personal taste. Each one will have associations with personal history, specific moments in time, places lived and people known.

I’ve decided to embark on a bit of an adventure and appraise my CD collection, diving deeply into those chronicles that sit there stacked up in a flat, circular form. There’s no point having such a collection without making use of it, so I shall also be giving each album a review. Maybe I’ll rediscover some lost loves. Maybe I’ll have some serious questions to ask the James of the past. In any case it will be interesting - for me, at least - to see what I can discover listening to all those songs again. No doubt I will also find some gaps in my collection that need filling too.


Since moving house, my CDs have sat in an unordered mess, bereft of structure or logic. I shall be starting with the first CD on the top shelf of my designated CD shelves and slowly working my way through from there. My aim is to write up at least one review a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment