Sunday 13 November 2011

Still thinking about astronauts - a fragmentary draft of sorts


Caelanaut black-box transmission MMXI
i looked and looked but didn't see God/expelled forth upon gilded chariot/i heard angels singing as i ascended into the heavens/sent with a thankyou message to pass on to prometheus/suspended in the subterranean/there is now a celestial frost binding my pinions/a single thread dangling from a burnt web/the hunger/oh how starved i have become so that i must chew upon my umbilicus/i looked and looked but didn't see God/i searched long and hard for old constellations in the new confusion/i rapped my own knuckles/the firmament is broken/who set this canopic jar overflowing with all the fears and loathings of the priest/i am halted in pouring rust into the abysmal gutter/i choke upon feeling/i can hear the tone of a lyre its notes reverberate echoing off distant worlds and rebounding off spheres/i can hear the drums this tattoo and that tattoo cascade as a battery upon my senses/they are words unheard and unwritten/the syntax pierces my wrists and feet/i clasp these words to my breast but they slip through my fingers/the grains scatter to the vacuum/oh how light is worn like a crown/how fiery burns the truth/its tongue is silent as smoke and now i am fluent/i have drenched the banner of my flesh in its outburst/i wave and i scream and still i hear nothing but song see nothing but particles of dance/dust celebrates/waste has found its legs/the sarcophagus rotates in the penumbra/i can see my mother and my father but i can no longer see God/time has been made redundant/the ladder has been kicked away/i have found bad medicine in my locker/why was i prescribed these tablets/the surface of the world is like crushed paracetemol/i hear the angels singing again/alone they send me tales of love and myself/the last man mobile oubliette/frozen and encircled by history/the tigers goad me/go back they cry/they send me away but with a message from prometheus/the proto-tiger/they saw the ashes coming/my orbits are filled with dust but my ears are filled with the music of their howling/
End transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment