Thursday 19 May 2011

Pop Song Guitar Tab - draft 1


Pop Song

This is quite an easy song to play along to. If you listen to it whilst playing you should be able to pick up the strumming pattern. Enjoy!

Tuning: E A D G B E


Oh baby when I see you, you take me higher!
C            Am                 Em                 G

Every look I take sets my heart on fire!
C            Am                 Em                 G

You are the only one that I desire!
C            Am                 Em                 G

Tonight we dance, tonight we love, tonight!
C            Am                 Em                 G

But yet, I can’t help worrying that this is Dionysus talking
D7sus4   Bbaug            F                    Aaug

and sweeping me up with rutting stags and clucking hens,
Cm      Bdm7                  G#7sus4 G#maj7                 B6

This whole place stinks, usually the beer and sweat smell
D7sus4   Bbaug            F                    Aaug

remind of good times, not the Roman Empire throwing up,
Cm      Bdm7                  G#7sus4 G#maj7                 B6

andshouldIaskforthenameagainnoshutupkeepeyesonfacenotbreasts
D7sus4

This. Is. Me. Trying. To. Act. Normal.
C     A     B     B     A     G     E

Successful compliment. Sincere invitation. Best intentions. Meaningful interactions.
B#                Fbmin                B#                Fbmin

You and me, baby, tonight!
D                  G                        D

NB - I wrote this originally to present at a seminar as part of my Marxism and Creative Writing module. Unfortunately I was ill that day so I didn't get to get any feedback on it. One of the people in the group made a recording of their interpretation of it, then emailed it to a guy called Ben instead of me. I am intrigued as to how he played B# and Fbmin.
I also wrote it whilst I was on a train, so couldn't really check to see if the chords sounded any good together. The first chord sequence is pretty generic but after that I imagine it gets messy.

1 comment:

  1. I say we get Olli to learn this and record it on the weekend of the 11th/12th.

    ReplyDelete