Monday 7 March 2011

Interruptions - draft 1

zzzzzzBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!forfuckssake
just a few more minuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!
ok, ok, up i get
Into the shower, dressed, time for breakfast
Peanut butter on toast
This is rather stodgy and it's taking a long damn I'm going to miss the bus
Down to the Steine and onto Big Lemon
mp3 player on
1. Burning Down The House - this song is awesome
2. Making Flippy Floppy - I wish they were still together
3. Girlfriend is Better - this is where he put the big suit on
4. Slippery Peopoh look here's Nick from the seminar group
Discussion about presentations
Discussion about weekebus stop, off we get
Enter seminar room
Discussion ensues
"What do you think about the boredom of late capitalism?"
I think I'm going to sasomeone else makes a point.
Seminar is over
That was a really interesting seminar, though I wish I'd said something
Accumulation is really interesting thing
because when you amass enough of
a particular thing it loh look the bus is here
mp3 player on
1. Burning Dowalready heard this earlier
2. Mak
3. Gi
4. Slippery People - this version is a lot slower than the live version
5. I Get Wild/Wild Gravity - nice
6. Swamp - I love the guitar in this track
7. Moon Rwe've arrived at the Steine again
Back to the flat for lunch
Conversation with flat mate regarding some
of the topics discussed during the seminar
and in parbest head off to work now
mp3 player on
7. Moon Rocks - glad it's remembered where I'd got to
8. Pull Up The Roots - I'd like to dance to this
9. This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) - awesome so
9. This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) - ng I want to listen again
Arrive at work, yes I had a good time at school thanks
We were looking at this guy that transcribed one edition
of a daily newspaper and got it published, isn't that crazy?
Start thinking about potential term paper idewhat do you mean
we've got to cancel Thursday's surgery lists?
Phone calls to be making
Hi, I'm calling from the hospital, unfortunately we need to
reschedule your surgery date
"No!"
I'm really sorr"I've arranged childcare and everything!"
I'm really s"Can't you move it to the next day?"
We only have these lists on Thursday afternoons I'm afraid
"Unbelievable"
I hate this job
I wonder if Jean could help canc"I'm going to be heading off now!"
Oh, ok then, have a good evening.
More cancellations.
Home time.
Forgotten idea for term paper.
mp3 player on
1. Outside Inside - I can't believe Mike Skinner references Philip Larkin
2. Going Through Hell - beefy!
3. Roof Of Your Car - this sounds just like a game boy
4. Puzzled By Pehome again
Upstairs, quick snack, get changed for football
Walk in to Whitehawk, talking about the season with housemate


------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to leave writing this draft here as I'm really tired. Immediately I think I'm going to need to lose some of the mp3 player bits, or maybe expand on the sections where the narrator is doing things i.e. at work, in the seminar. I'd also like to have attempting to think academically a constant presence, and put a bit more time into how the whole thing will look on the page, particularly regarding the length of lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment